Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The beginning

Well, here it goes...the beginning of an adventure in American Girl crafting.  Let me start by saying I love these (expensive) little dolls and so does my daughter.  She saved her own money to buy her first American Girl doll and since then we have started on a crafting adventure.  We have made clothes and other accessories for Julie to enjoy.  It's been such a wonderful bonding experience for both of us.  This mother/daughter time has been so important to me.  Now that we have quite a few crafts under our belt I thought it may be time to start a blog.
So for our first entry we will show the very first craft we did that started the madness...
American Girl Headbands.  Of course this will work on any doll...

We used ribbons and buttons and flowers.  The ribbons simply tie under the doll's hair.  Later, as we made more, we started to use a small piece of Velcro on the ribbon as my daughter was having trouble tying the ribbon on herself.  Learn as you go, right?

This was a busy day of crafting that included jewelry making as well.
 
 My daughter and her friend thought of a lot of these crafts on their own.  Enjoy the cuteness even more on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt68kXvNxCM

Have fun crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment