Friday, August 27, 2010

Beauty Sleep

My daughter is a clever little thing.  Last week she asked me to make her and Julie matching sleeping masks.  I loved the idea of anything that might help my daughter sleep in, so I immediately went to work.  I am not an expert sewer by any means...in fact, I am just learning.  So I went online in search of a pattern.  I found this one that worked great:
http://familyfun.go.com/assets/cms/pdf/printables/0406_sleepmask.pdf
I made my daughter the full sized version and I printed a second copy for Julie by printing size 4x6.  This worked perfectly.  To add the elastic, simply measure from one eye, back around the head to the other eye.  We used two fabrics, a soft one for the back and a fun pattern for the front.  We sewed it all together inside out, leaving a small opening, then turned it right side out and finished off the opening with a small stitch.  Julie loves her new mask!


My daughter's video how-to is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqZer9fJRNI

1 comment:

  1. I love the doll blanket that you made. Can you give me the measurements. I would love to make it for my girls dolls. Thanks, Jaron

    ReplyDelete